About The Huachuca 50
Who We Are
Formed in 1987 as a 501(C)6 corporation, the board of directors is composed of 9 board members with ex officio members. The Fort Huachuca 50 is financially dependent on dues and donations.
Solely and exclusively promote the economic welfare of the Sierra Vista area by supporting the continuing development of Fort Huachuca.
- No state taxes on active duty military stationed in AZ
- Waived residency requirements on tuition for soldiers and family members
- DoD education compact to help dependents transition from state to state
- Governors Military Affairs Commission (Co-Chair)
- Military Installation Fund ($2 million for Fort Huachuca which funded conservation easements, light shielding for Libby Army Airfield, and additional property)
- Joint land use to define boundaries of electronic range
- State Legislature mission briefing at the fort
- Military Day at the capital
- Naming of the electronic range (Buffalo Soldier Electronic Test Range)
- Capped Payday loan interest rates
- Proposition 119 (state land swaps)
Why Join? 7 Reasons to Become a Member